Advantages of Continuing Trusts for Adult Children

By Kirk R. Wilson, J.D., LL.M.

What happens to the estate of a person who passes away in Texas without a Will? In order to answer this question we need to know if this person was married or single, if he or she has living children or grandchildren, what assets the person owned, and how title to those assets was held. All of this information is necessary in order to figure out who gets what, and as you will see, in most cases having a Will produces a much better result.

[The author is a Woodlands-based estate planning attorney at the firm of O’Donnell, Ferebee, Medley & Frazer, P.C. He is licensed to practice law in Texas and California, is a board-certified probate, estate planning and trust law specialist in California, and holds an advanced law degree (LL.M.) in taxation. He can be reached at (281)875-8200. The firm’s website is]

Home | Attorneys | Firm Overview | Practice Areas | Location | Contact Us | Site Map | Disclaimer
Copyright 2015 O´Donnell, Ferebee & Frazer, P.C.